Government Notification No. DTPT/Estt/2046/2014/3983 dt.14/11/14
The Government of Goa is pleased to frame the “Seasonal Pass Scheme for Daily Commuters and Students by Kadamba Transport Corporation Limited – 2014”. Which will replace the existing “Seasonal Pass scheme for Daily Commuters and students by Kadamba Transport Corporation Limited -2012” from 01 st November ,2014.
Online Application for Concession Pass.
Preamble.— Government of Goa has established State Road Transport Undertaking (STU) in October 1980. The aim and object of the State Transpor t Under taking was to provide safe and reliable bus transport service to the commuters including the students from remote villages. The concessional travelling service was extended to senior citizens, the physically disabled, the blind, veterans, ladies, cancer patients etc.
Today, due to increase in self-owned transport services like motor bikes, cars, etc., there is road congestion resulting in road accidents especially of motor bike riders and private car owners. In addition to the traffic congestion and accidents, there is alarming increase in pollution and parking problems in all the urban areas.
To alleviate the common man from this serious problem, the Government of Goa endeavors to provide concessional public transport to daily commuters and students.
1. Short title & commencement.— (i) The scheme shall be called the “Seasonal Pass Scheme for Daily Commuters and Students by Kadamba Transpor t Corporation Limited-
(ii) The scheme shall come into force from the date of its notification in the Official Gazette.
(iii) The scheme shall be in force up to December, 2017. However Government reserves the right to cancel or modify the scheme at any time without notice.
- Objectives.— The main objectives of the scheme are as follows:—(i) Concession to daily commuters travelling in buses operated by the Kadamba Transport Corporation Limited.(ii) Encouraging use of Public Transport system in Goa.
(iii) To provide safe and reliable service and strengthen Public Transport network in urban and rural areas.
(iv) To decongest the road and provide environment friendly service.
3. Scope of the scheme.—
(i) The scheme shall be applicable to all commuters travelling within the State of Goa.
(ii) The scheme provides for disbursement of subsidy to Kadamba Transport Corporation Ltd., for providing concessional travelling to the commuters, students and other concession holders.
(iii) The scheme provides for concessional passes as below:
A. Commuters in General:–
(a) Concession of 40% for Weekly Pass. (b) Concession of 50% for Fortnightly Pass.
( c ) Concession of 60% for Monthly, Quarterly, Half yearly and Yearly pass.
B. To students and others who are presently eligible for 50% concession:–
(a) Concession of 70% for Weekly Pass. (b) Concession of 75% for Fortnightly Pass.
( c ) Concession of 80% for Monthly, Quarterly, Half yearly and Yearly Pass.
(iv) The concessional pass shall entitle the user to travel during the validity of the pass on any number of occasions on the route or part of the route for which the pass is issued.
(v) Concessional pass shall be issued for a period of One Week, Fortnightly, One Month, Quarterly (3 months), Half yearly (6 months), and Yearly (12 months).
(vi) The concession under concessional pass scheme shall be applicable for all the routes operated by KTCL within the State of Goa only.
4. Eligibility conditions under the scheme.— (a) Regular commuters namely, Government Servants, Industrial Workmen, Ladies, Gents, Students, Senior Citizens, Physically disabled, Businessmen as also Tourists, etc., travelling within the State of Goa shall be eligible for concessional travel under the scheme.
( b ) Student means a bonafide student enrolled in any educational institution, college, university, etc.
5. Quantum of concession.— (a) Regular commuters shall be provided with a concession as defined under clause 3 (iii) (A) of the scheme for travel within the State of Goa.
(b) Bonafide student shall be provided concession as defined under clause 3 (iii) (B) of the scheme for travel within the State of Goa.
(c) Concessions to those who are at present eligible for 50% ticket concession shall be provided as defined under clause 3 (iii) (B) of the scheme.
6. Procedure for concessional pass.— (a) For the commuters.—
1. The applicant shall apply in FORM ‘A’ annexed herewith along with onetime fee of Rs. 20/- (Rupees Twenty only) and a passport size photograph of the applicant to the Kadamba Transport Office.
2. Kadamba Transport Corporation Office after receipt of the application shall issue a Unique Identification Number (U.I.N.) to the applicant having a computer generated 10 digit identification number in form of a card.
3. A concessional pass with photo of applicant shall be issued on production of card at any ticket counter of the Corporation at the Bus Stands.
4. The concessional pass issued by the KTCL shall not be valid to be used for any other purpose except for availing the benefit of concessional travelling under the scheme.
5. The concessional pass to the bonafide students shall be issued as per the validity of the Identity Card issued by the respective Institutions.
(b) For the State Transport Undertaking (KTCL).— 1. The route-wise and stage-wise char t will be prepared to identif y the Concessional Pass (C.P.) amount which will be computer generated.
2. Kilometer-wise C.P. amount will include chargeable fare as per the eligible concession.
3. Once the pass is issued to the commuters the subsidy amount will be generated automatically for further pass issued on the route identified.
4. Consolidated list/details of pass with subsidy amount shall be claimed by Kadamba Transpor t Corporation Ltd. from the Government.
5. The Kadamba Transport Corporation shall issue a Zero value ticket (Separate Zero value ticket for each route) to the eligible concessional pass holders during their actual travelling within the State of Goa. The travel shall be considered valid/authorized only if the seasonal pass and Zero value ticket is produced on demand. The subsidy claim shall be submitted to the Depar tment on quar terly basis. The amount of subsidy for the respective quarter shall be on the basis of the presumption of 75% travelling by the eligible concessional pass holders during the quar ter to be reimbursed on the percentage as indicated under clause 7(3) of the Scheme. The Data of Zero value tickets will be submitted ever y month.
6. Calculation of concession shall be on the basis of the period of the concessional pass issued for travelling.
7. Financial implication and disbursement of subsidy by the Department.— (1) The subsidy to the extent of actual concession given by the Kadamba Transport Corporation Ltd., to the pass holder shall be claimed by the Corporation on quarterly basis after completion of each quarter based on the basis of the presumption of 75% travelling during the quarter by the eligible concessional pass holder as per the percentage as detailed below:- (a) 25% of sale value shall be the subsidy reimbursement on 40% concession and 150% of sale value shall be the subsidy reimbursement on 70% concession on the weekly pass.
(b) 50% of sale value shall be the subsidy reimbursement on 50% concession and 200% of sale value shall be the subsidy reimbursement on 75% concession on the fortnightly pass.
© 87.5% of sale value shall be the subsidy reimbursement on 60% concession and 275% of sale value shall be the subsidy reimbursement on 80% concession on the monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly pass.
(2 ) Department of Transport shall reimburse the subsidy claim once claim is received from the corporation after completion of each quarter.
(3) The Finance Department shall check the correctness and authenticity of such claim after periodic interval as deemed fit by the Finance Department.
(6) an additional amount of Rs.10.00 Cr. Shall be released to KTCL for operating the scheme which will be recovered on completion of recovery as indicated at Sub clause (1) of the seasonal Pass Scheme for Daily Commuters and students by Kadamba Transport Corporation Limited-2012, in the same manner stipulated in sub clause (1) of that scheme .
- Validity and Review.— The validity of the scheme is extended upto December ,2017 and review shall be due in November ,2017.
9. Relaxation.— The Government shall be empowered to relax any or all clauses or conditions of the scheme in genuine cases to be recorded in writing.10. Interpretation.— If any question arises regarding interpretation of any clause, word, expression of the scheme, the decision shall lie with the Government, which shall be final and binding on all concerned.11. Redressal of Grievances and Disputes.— Grievances, if any, arising out of the implementation of this scheme, shall be heard and decided by the Director of Transport and the decision of the Director of Transport in this regard shall be final and binding on all concerned.
This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Department vide their U.O. No. 5042/F dated 05.11.2014.
By order and in the name of the Governor of Goa. Arun L.Desai, Director & Ex Officio Addl.
Panaji, 14th .November 2014.